Thursday 6 December 2012

First Snows in Newcastle

Oo it was an exciting morning yesterday as the first flakes of snow fell over Newcastle and surrounding areas.  It was the buzz of Twitter throughout the day, and mounted with raising concerns over public transport disruptions and road safety.
I'm lucky enough to be working from home at the moment which leaves me free to enjoy the crunch of snow beneath my booted feet..

 The view from my bay window work desk

And for a distracting pastime, the snow brings with it many fun games, like who can pick out which houses in your area have loft insulation and which don't..

 The view from my bay window work desk 

I notice that my opposite neighbours all have their curtains drawn.  I hope that's due to the cold dark mornings and not because I spend too much time at this desk.. sorry neighbours I'm not a peeping Tom, honest.
 
Or, another game you can play is a round of 'Where did all the pigeons go?'

 View into our back alley and 'backside opposite neighbours' - not sure that's the right term. 

The back alley rooftop pictured is normally a great hangout spot for the local pigeons.  Sometimes they'll be visited by a pretty white dove and all the boys try and flirt with her. She doesn't stay long.

What are your snow stories? 

----- 

No comments:

Post a Comment